With 42 participants in the 2017 S-Backwards Cribbage Tournament, the odds of winning (and getting one’s name etched into the original, legendary board) were theoretically 2.4%.
With that as a backdrop, the cribbage tournament ensued. Like the FIFA World Cup, all participants took part in group play. 1st and 2nd place in each group advanced to the 16-man bracket. It was not a low-calorie event.
Congratulations to Jerry Carr, 2017 Champion (2nd time!) beating Jack Sackett (repeat finalist). Jerry Carr strolled in and won all 5 round robin games and all four games in the Finals.
Congratulations to Andrew and Jaime Gathje, team champions. Andrew is 12-2 in team play with three team titles.
Cribbage Tournament Stats (players with 3 or more appearances)
More Vital Statistics
- Total points differential: Brett Pauley, +386
- Total points delta in WINS: Brett Pauley, +484
- Record in skunk games: Brett Pauley, 7-0
- Largest average victory margin: Jerry Carr, +26
- Smallest average loss margin: Brett Pauley, -10
- Worst luck in games decided by 5 or fewer points: Jamie Gathje
The Grabrick Award
Special recognition goes to Charlie Sackett for winning the 2017 Grabrick Award for his winless performance. Upon losing his last game, he was presented with a 45lb. bag of alpaca compost.